Microfinance | Corporate Governance | International Finance | Financial Systems and Economic Growth
Microfinance Institutions - Social Performance - Financial Performance - Boards - Board Dynamics - Ownership Structure - Stakeholder Activism - Trade Credit - Financial Literacy
most representative publications
- Hooghiemstra R., Hermes N., Oxelheim L. and Randoy T., (2019), "The Impact of Board Internationalization on Earnings Management", International Business Review, 28, 1, pp. 119-134.
- Hermes N. and Hudon M., (2018, fothcoming), "Determinants of the Performance of Microfinance Institutions: A Systematic Review", Journal of Economic Surveys, 32.
- Postelnicu L., Hermes N. and Servin R., (2018, fothcoming), "External Social Ties and the Repayment of Microfinance Group Lending: A Case Study of Pro Mujer Mexico", Journal of Development Studies, 54.
- Veltrop D., Hermes N., Postma T and de Haan J., (2015), "A Tale of Two Factions: Why and When Factional Demographic Faultlines Hurt Board Performance", Corporate Governance: An international Review, 23, 2, pp. 145-160.
- Hermes N., Lensink R. and Meesters A., (2011), "Outreach and Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions", World Development, 39, 6, pp. 938-948.